Friday, January 27, 2012

Yay for Girlfriends!

So I usually have my birthday celebration planned out for at least a month, but for some reason this year there is no big party...probably because I'm not in the mood for it??? Not sure really...maybe it's because of everything that's going on in my life...moving, STILL unpacking (the gnomes still haven't shown up!), opening the store...plus it's only my 31st birthday so no biggie (I feel like I need to start saving up for my 40th)...I did however  BLOW it out last year!!!
Let's just say I had a "few" Skinny Girl martinis at dinner, drank a bottle of Champagne on the party bus from downtown Charlotte to The Rusty Rudder in Cornelius (about a 30 minute ride for those who aren't familiar) and proceeded to pass out in my mother-in-laws car while my party was going in inside...oops! There is more to the story, but I'm thinking that it's not appropriate for my blog...not sure if little eyes are reading it!

So this year some of my besties from Charlotte are coming down to visit for the weekend and we're going to have a nice relaxing dinner at home, cooked by my wonderful husband (I wonder if he knows he's cooking!?) and some wine...sounds very grown up doesn't it!? HA HA....we have you fooled!!! What you don't know is that when Julie, Beth, Mallory, Wendy, P and I get together it's anything but grown up (I have some great pictures of a certain night in Charlotte, but someone (Beth) would get VERY upset with me if I posted them)! 

We have had some great times together over the past few years and I can only imagine what their first trip down to Charleston to see us in our new home will bring!? 

Stay tuned....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment